Tuesday, May 6, 2014

oscar wilde quotes


I have recently discovered that Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite literary human beings.


Here are some of his quotes that I love:


"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future"


"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."


"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."


"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."


"Our ambition should be to rule ourselves, the true kingdom for each one of us; and true progress is to know more, and be more, and to do more."




My favorite quote by Oscar Wilde is one I try to live by:




"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...