Friday, May 9, 2014

mission prep: el chavo del 8


I am preparing for my mission

spiritually by reading my scriptures, prayering & going to church meetings.

physically by running, buying mish clothes & packing

culturally by practicing Spanish, talking to people from different Spanish-speaking backgrounds AAAANNNDDD...



El Chavo del 8



My super cool Puerto Rican friend introduced me to El Chavo del 8, a popular Mexican TV show that ran from 1972 -1980.

It was a Mexican sitcom, but it was popular all over South American, Spain and America. As my super cool Puerto Rican friend puts it: "You're not truly Hispanic if you don't know what El Chavo del 8 is."

Challenge accepted.

This counts as "mission prep", right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...