Monday, July 7, 2014

Pre-MTC Jitters.




Today I am in Wyoming at my grandparents' house.

Tomorrow I will be in Salt Lake City.

On Wednesday my grandma and grandpa will drop me off at the Provo Missionary Training Center.

I am terrified.

Terrified is an understatement.

I felt prepared to start my mission , but these last few days I have only been able to think of how short I fall and how scary this is.


.......


I think back to when I first moved to Ecuador:


"One last note: Getting on the plane that took me to San Francisco was one of the scariest things I have ever done. I was sick to stomach with anxieties -- literally sick.  
But I BREATHED. 
And I had faith that it would all work out.
And I didn't eat anything.. 
BUT I'M HERE, I'M HAPPY, AND I'M READY FOR THIS ADVENTURE."
-FALL TRAINING , August 27, 2012


.......


So. Yes. I am terrified. Can I say it enough times? I will probably want to turn right around when we pull into the MTC.

...BUT..

I have learned time and time again that doing something that scares me is good. It means I am getting out of my comfort zone. It means I am not taking the easy route.

I'm going to go ahead and take being terrified as a good sign and do what I did in 2012 -- breathe.

last photo with my mom and step-dad before they headed back to Iowa
(photo credit to my grandpa)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...