Monday, September 8, 2014

Magnifying Glasses, and The District 3

I'm in a new area with a new Sister, and we are finishing each other's training.

Let's just say we would not be prime candidates to be on the District 3... we kind of mess up.. like.. all the time..

BUT NOT TO WORRY.

At transfer meeting, we were trying to figure out how to fit all of the suitcases and bikes of new missionaries into two little cars. Sister DuPaix, my new companion, said about that situation: " I don't how it'll work, but I know it'll work."

That is exactly how I feel about this transfer: "I don't know how it's going to work, but I know it will work."

This week we didn't have a whole lot of set appointments, so we worked really hard and talking to lots and lots of people and trying to get new investigators. So far it's working! This coming week we have a fairly full schedule, and I think it'll just get better each week. I'm excited.

----

Can I tell a story that's partly mine, mostly my trainer's, but that I love all the same?
This story is why I am still here on my mission right now:

The missionaries met a woman, an older woman with a sad heart. When they met her she was in the midst of depression that was physically and spiritually notable.

Her son had died last year, and she hadn't been the same since then.

The missionaries began teaching her, and she listened. They taught her about the Book of Mormon, and they invited her to read it.

The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. It is the writings of prophets who lived in the Americas in ancient times. It is another book of scripture which works hand-in-hand with the Bible.

She said she couldn't read well, because she had terrible eyesight. The missionaries promised her that if she read the Book of Mormon every day for a week, her heart would begin to heal.

She believed them, and with the assistance of a magnifying glass, she read the Book of Mormon every day. This is the point when I met this woman. I did not believe the other Sister when she told me how this woman used to be. The woman I met was smiling, welcoming and warm.


That experience is the first time I saw, first hand, outside of my own life, how the word of God touches and changes lives.

Hermana Diaz's sister sent her a GPS. We are sending her an epic thank you letter. Here are the photos of her thank you letter adventures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...