Friday, January 10, 2014

vagabonding.


Vegabonding - (as defined by Ralf Potts)

(1) The act of leaving behind the orderly world to travel independently for an extended period of time (2) A privately meaningful manner of travel that emphasizes creativity, adventure, awareness, simplicity, discovery, independence, realism, self-reliance and the growth of the spirit (3) A deliberate way of living that makes freedom to travel possible

I am only on page 12, so I can't offer much of a review..

I only wanted to say that this seems like my kind of book and I'm excited to read it.


One quote I found fascinating:


"Sierra Club founder John Muir (an ur-vagabounder if there ever was one) used to express amazement at the well-heeled travelers who would visit Yosemite only to rush away after a few hours of sightseeing. Muir called these folks the 'time-poor' -- people who were so obsessed with tending their material wealth and social standing that they couldn't spare the time to truly experience the splendor of California's Sierra wilderness."


(which looks like this, by the way:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...