Sunday, October 7, 2012

two [really, really exciting] things.

1. I am officially, permanently in Puerto Quito for the next six months.

On my very first day back, I took my dishes to the sink to wash them -- trying to be helpful. In a horrible moment, I dropped my glass cup and it shattered into a thousand little pieces on the kitchen tile.

My family broke out laughing, and shouted ¨¡Bienvenidoes!¨ [¨Welcome!¨] . 

I think I´ll like it here.

2. I now have the opportunity to serve a full-time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints when I get home from Ecuador, and I am taking full advantage of that. I´m starting my papers next week. I can hardly believe I´m saying that, let alone doing it.


Next on my Ecuadorian adventure: My Apprenticeship

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post a while back that you planned to serve a mission when you get home. I am SO excited for you! You are one awesome girl, Sydni!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...